Underlined text are live links
- Redwood Coast Senior Center is serving free lunch M-F starting today to fire evacuees. 964-0443
- The Senior Center always can use more volunteers. Please consider give them some hours of your time. volunteer site 707-961-4307
- Mendocino Coast Children’s Fund:
- Cash, checks, donations send to:
P O Box 1616
Mendocino, CA 95460
- Gift cards from Amazon, Harvest, Safeway, Down Home and Purity and/or certificates so we can have the flexibility needed to meet people’s needs
- Gas cards. All local gift certificates are encouraged and welcome.
- Generous people to pay for a night’s stay at local motels for evacuees.
- Donations of haircuts, massages and body work.
- Donated time to run errands for the evacuee center.
- Web page designer, who uses Dreamweaver, to update our page.
- Volunteers to help evacuees fill out FEMA forms online.
- Cash, checks, donations send to:
- Help distribute information and resources to evacuees. Mendo Litho,
has flyers with info on where to pick up supplies or seek shelter on the coast – stop by to request some and post anywhere evacuees will see them.
Mendo Litho, 100 N Franklin St, Fort Bragg, CA 95437 (707) 964-0062
- Register on the Crisis Response Page on Facebook if you can volunteer some hours. People will be able to access Crisis Response on Facebook in the upcoming weeks from the homepage on desktop or from the menu button on their phone.
- Register on the Safe and Well List to assure others you’re OK and a place to check on your loved ones.
- State of The Ark may need help sorting and transporting donations. Donations are being dropped off and sorted at Sovereign, then taken to The Ark Thrift Shop for long term storage until they can be matched with those in need. Stop by during business hours.
State of the Ark, 18274 Old Hwy 1, Fort Bragg, CA 95437 · 10AM–5:30PM · 961-0365
- Join the Facebook group Sorters of the Stuff (or search on FaceBook for Sorters of the Stuff) for info about volunteering to sort, transport, and distribute donations.
- FIVCatRescue is looking for people to help foster displaced cats. If you can help, please send them a message on Facebook or call 707-964-5100.
- Adopt a Family is a way to help individual families with their immediate needs (check the Mendocino fire victims and relief group for posts).
- Pre-pay for a hotel room for a displaced family. Imagine how good it would feel for them to go to a hotel and find out their room is paid for. Motel 6—964-4761—is offering rooms at $66.09 per night (includes tax). Super 8—409-0055—has rooms at $76.28 (includes tax). Or call other motels in the area—Motels in Fort Bragg
- The How You Can Help page on the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services page has some ideas for volunteering and donating as well.
- Volunteer Placement off the coast North Coast Opportunities, Inc. at: 413 North State Street Ukiah, CA 95482 Tel: (707) 467-3200 – Toll Free: (800) 606-5550 firstname.lastname@example.org
California State Parks is providing free campsites to displaced residents affected by the Northern California fires.
√ These campsites are not official evacuation sites, they will be open to meet the temporary immediate needs of displaced residents.
√ While California State Parks is providing campsites, these sites do not have the full services or aid provided at official evacuation centers.
√ State Parks may only accommodate those who are self-contained.
√ Those needing services which include food, bedding and personal services should locate to a designated evacuation center.
√ Please check with your county or Cal OES to view information on evacuation centers – October Wildfires 2017.
Parks with available campsites:
California State Parks is working closely with fire officials and will respond to any evacuation notices should they arise. For the latest fire updates, please visit www.calfire.ca.gov
- Winesong Charity Auction & Tasting to
HELP COMMUNITY FOUNDATION FIRE RELIEF FUNDS
- Click image below for details